2015 Gala & Fundraiser wrap-up
On November 20, 2015, the PA held the Gala Fundraiser: Dinner, Dance and Auction. It was our first off-site Gala and was a tremendous success. The Boulevard Club proved to be a wonderful venue. The ambiance, music, food, and the people (most of all) combined to make it a fantastic night. With the generosity and contributions of our school community, we raised $11,504 in auction proceeds, $765 in wine raffle tickets, $465 in cider sales, and $126 in cash donations for a grand total of $12,860!
This outstanding result would not have been possible without the generosity and involvement of our HMS community. It was a great opportunity for all of us to get to know each other better. The sense of community and camaraderie made the event really special, as did Michael Friesen’s wonderful music during the cocktail hour.
It takes a community to throw a great party! In that regard we’d like to thank:
- Rosemary Condillac & Anastasia Kanellopoulos & Meera Malik for their work with the planning, venue, and auction, from start to finish
- Ritsa Gournis for creating the wonderful invitations and bringing our ticket sales on-line,
- Tony Field for redesigning and launching the website in record time,
- Natania Friesen for keeping our communications on message and tidying up the loose ends,
- Tenley Conway for managing the rest of the PA functions while we were focused on the Gala,
- Heather Lumber for taking charge of the last minute details and getting us to the finish line,
- Felix and Molly for their generosity in providing us with wine for dinner and all of the support we needed,
- Natalie Falcitelli for helping with everything from ticket sales, to table numbers,
- David Keldsen, Dave Cassan, and John Kanellopoulos for pitching in when we needed them,
- Karen Cassie & Philip ten Kortenaar for their wit and skill at running the live auction, and
- SO MANY OTHERS who popped in and contributed when a job needing doing.